Thursday, April 15, 2010

NUUN, Bike Fitting, and 50 Mile ride

Preparation for the trip is in full swing and pretty exciting as well! I got a bike fitting this week at the LBS and my bike feels amazing. He did everything from video tape me to measuring my arches in my feet, my in-seem, and my shoulder width. He made tons of adjustments to my seat handle bars stem seat hit, etc.

On a hydrating note I received the NUUN I ordered and plan on using it this weekend on my long ride (hopefully 60 miles). NUUN gave B&B a 50 % discount. Its great hydration tablets that you drop in your water after a lot of physical activity!

This past weekend I went on my first 50 mile ride and it was a huge success! I made it all the way to the botanic gardens on the forest preserve path. When I got home I was not nearly as wiped out as I expected.

Finally I finished my Sweat equity this past weekend with a Rebuild project with LARRI. It was formed for local towns in Indiana after severe flooding hit in various impoverished neighborhood. We worked all day tearing down industrial shelving and organizing building supplies for the various houses that are going to be worked on over the next few months. I will be going out with the team one last time before I leave for the summer. met some cool people and it was a pretty productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment