Monday, April 26, 2010

Bike Computer, and a 50 mile WET ride

So I believe I rounded out all the nifty gadgets I will need for this summer by installing my cay eye strada bike computer! With the help of my former boss I got it to work. It is wonderful! I have been wondering how fast I go and what it takes to keep up with the pros... or the so called pros of the lakefront bike path and with this computer I can tell how fast I am going and how fast other people are going to by trying to keep up!

It is wonderful. I think I might try out a Chicago Cycle Club ride this month. With my computer I can confidently say I can keep a steady pace of 17 mph! oh yeah... its all bike (not really my skills! ha).

On the training side of things I put in a 50 mile ride this weekend... which was necessary since I skipped out last weekend but very painful. It was raining the whole time and after I was 25 miles away from home I turned around and fought the 18 mph winds it took SOO much longer on the way home. Strength training I guess but painful all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment