Friday, March 19, 2010

Starting Out with A Bang

Howdy! I write this first post optimistic about biking yet blown away that it is already march. As I started preparing for this summer I was preping to start ramping up training in March quite rapidly but march started off unlike many other months. On March first I was hit by a car on my bike. Most would think this was horriblly scaring but it was not that bad. It did look like a movie and I wish the witnesses had caught it on camera as I flew in the air did a flip and landed on the hood of the driver's car.

With all the action that happened I walked away with three giant bruises. No broken bones, fractures, or even a broken bike.

Welcome to march, welcome to biking a rediculous amount of miles and welcome to the dangers that come with biking in Chicago.

Hope you enjoy this blog as it tracks my journey toward Seattle.

Training update - 10 miles each way from work (once). 490 miles to go.
Fundraising update - $2080 dollars. $2020 to go.

Until next time faithful blog readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment