Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Slow Motion Fall & Clipless Pedals

What I have been told is inevitable... actually happened. Yes I took a big spill due to still being clipped into my bike in the middle of the intersection while crossing the street with a friend. Midway through the intersection I realized that the cars were not going to be so nice and did not stop for us to cross. All the while trying to multitask and unclip. I managed to complete my first slow motion fall while still being attached to my bike.

Big thanks goes out to Megan, who I ride home from work with sometimes as she was laughing so hard the tears started to roll. Falling with a friend present was much less embarrassing than doing it on your own. I chalk it up to anything is better with friends around, even eating pavement.

Update on the fundraising a big thanks goes out to Jackie and Joe as I believe if all my corporate matching comes through my fundraising is complete!

And my bike should arrive any day now :) Things are coming together. Now lets hope I don't eat any more pavement.

Until next time faithful blog readers. Pedal safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment